Cayo Levisa (Levisa Key) is one of the hundred uninhabited keys that form the archipelago of Los Colorados, near the north coast of Cuba’s western end. An outcrop of the coral barrier, Levisa Key is about 75 kilometers off the coast of Pinar del Río
This portion of the Cuban territory was named New Philippines by mid 1770´s, but it was given its current name in 1778 (corresponding to the oldest town). It is the only place with two Reserves of the Biosphere within provincial limits: Sierra del Rosario and the Península of Guanahacabibes. Pinar del Río is located at the west end of the country.